Hi I'm Kat Papanastasiou
I’m especially experienced in the areas of anxiety, self-esteem and weight-loss but I work with all mental health issues including depression, addictions, stress, trauma, mental and physical abuse, grief/loss, illness and chronic pain. And I draw on a range of disciplines including Person-Centred Therapy, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA) including Mindfulness and compassion focused therapy.
I’m passionate about my work and helping people. You will have my undivided attention and a safe space where you can discuss your issues in absolute confidence.
Along with private practice I have worked for The Bariatric Consultancy since 2018. The focus of The Bariatric Consultancy is offering a specialist multi-disciplinary treatment for patients with severe and complex morbid obesity. The patients are referred primarily through NHS for either as an alternative to weight-loss surgery or prior to bariatric surgery. I am experienced in weight- loss counselling, being a part of this multi-disciplinary team, using CBT approach, working in a goal-oriented way.
I have had a pleasure of working for The Bariatric Consultancy in various ways:
* Counselling, one to one, Telephone and Zoom
* Co-facilitating 8 week psycho-education groups for weight loss via zoom
I am an experienced online and telephone counsellor and have obtained Certificate in Online Counselling using web cam and voice only through OCST.
My counselling training I have done with Chrysalis and earned the following Diplomas:
* Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Ad Pro Dip PC
* Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Ad Dip PC
* Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Dip PC
* Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills, Dip Hyp CS
Whilst doing my training I did 100 hours of Counselling placements with:
* Bariatric Consultancy LTD, Maidstone
* Mind, Maidstone
* SATEDA (Swale Action To End Domestic Abuse), Sittingbourne
I have also gained an Aborbatur in; Basic studies in Psychology, from the Jyväskylä Open University, in Finland
I belong to the following professional bodies: